bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com includes sections that allows contributors to post comments to blogs allowing an interaction with Bristol Trades Union Council and other readers.
If you wish to add comments to bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com then you must comply with our House Rules posted on this site.
You will retain ownership of the copyright in any of your comments that you or we publish on bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com so you are free to re-use it as you wish. You agree that if you are posting a comment to a blog that you are granting Bristol Trades Union Council a right, but not an obligation, unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify or delete that comment in whole or in part, as Bristol Trades Union Council sees fit, whether on bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com or otherwise, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any comment you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to you. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the comment.
You are responsible for all the content of any of your comments that you or we publish. You are financially responsible to us for any claim against us by any third party that your comment is not in accordance with these House Rules or that otherwise relates to your comment.
You agree that you will:
- only post comment that is your original content and will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party.
- not post, link to any comment containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
- not post, link to any comment that is threatening, offensive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful.
- not post comments that are discriminatory in nature, for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- respectfully challenge different points of view but not personally attack other commentators.
- not disguise the origin of any comment and not impersonate any person or misrepresent any connection with any person.
- not post or otherwise publish any comment unrelated to blog’s topic.
- not post or transmit any comment that contains software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com or any computer software or equipment.
- not collect or store other contributors’ personal data.
- not restrict or inhibit any other contributor from using bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com.
As our blogs contain comments submitted by contributors over whom Bristol Trades Union Council has no control we cannot therefore guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any comment. Some contributors may not behave properly and may post comment that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
Bristol Trades Union Council operates a policy of pre-moderation whereby every single comment is checked before it appears on the blog. We allow as much freedom as possible to have relevant discussions. However, we are also responsible for making sure that these discussions stay polite, safe and relevant and do not violate any laws, Bristol Trades Union Council’s policies or these House Rules.
Pre-moderation is necessary so all users can participate in our blogs without fear of intimidation by other users or being subjected to offensive content. Also, contributors may intentionally or unintentionally post content that is unlawful, violates Bristol Trades Union Council’s policies or these House Rules putting themselves as well as Bristol Trades Union Council at risk of legal action. Moderation helps avoid expensive legal action.
Please take care when copying text from someone else’s post into your own. If the text you have copied into your post is subsequently seen to break the House Rules, your entire post will be removed.
We will not provide any explanations for moderation decisions and will not consider any appeals against the removal of comments.
If Bristol Trades Union Council receives notice that comments are potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these House Rules, then we will review that comment and act accordingly. If you believe that any comment published on bristoltradesunioncouncil.wordpress.com infringes any legal rights that you may have or is not allowed under these House Rules, please notify us immediately with specific details by leaving a reply in the section below