March For The Climate
Sat. 6th November ’21
Assemble at 12 noon
College Green, Bristol
join the trade union block by the Queen Victoria statue
- The climate emergency is here and now, exacerbating extreme weather events across the globe including heat waves, wildfires, floods and hurricanes. People are already suffering and dying as a result.
- In the face of this challenge we call for a “just transition” that seeks to ensure that the substantial benefits of a green economy transition are shared widely, while also supporting those who stand to lose economically – be they countries, regions, industries, communities, workers or consumers.
- The 26th meeting of the Conference of Parties (COP26), taking place in Glasgow during early November 2021, is crucial for the global response to climate change. The decisions made at COP26 will shape how governments respond (or not) to the climate crisis.
- Trade unions need to exert maximum pressure on the conference so that COP26 shows leadership and agrees a fast, fair and a just transition.
- Add your voice and feet to the march by joining the trade union bloc.
Download these flyers/posters for your work colleagues –
For more information
Read the COP26 briefing paper
Host Contact Info: email@example.com
Facebook: Bristol COP26 Demonstration 6th November
Resources to get your union branch onboard: We make tomorrow
Unless explicitly stated otherwise any commercial advertisements appearing on this page aren’t endorsed or supported by Bristol Trades Union Council.